PerMix Double Planetary Mixer
The PerMix Double Planetary Mixer is engineered with two blades that rotate, while they orbit the mix vessel (also known as bowl) on a common axis. The mixer bowl may be jacketed for circulation of heating or cooling media, perfect for cook & chill applications as well as volatile mixing where reactions occur and precise temperature control is needed. The double planetary mixer can be designed for operation under pressure or vacuum.
In the mixing process of a Double Planetary Mixer, two vertically mounted mixing tools rotate around a common sun gear. In addition, they rotate at a higher speed around their own axes, according to the planetary principle.
A swinging type scraper continually sweeps the inside wall, transporting material from the walls of the vessel to the mixing tools, and transferring the heat efficiently.
- concentrated paints and varnishes
- printing inks
- silicone and thiocole pastes
- plastic coatings
- synthetic lubricating greases
Special Designs Available
- For mixed products that must be heated or cooled, PerMix has designed jacketed vessels for hot oil, electrical heating, steam heating and liquid cooling.
- PerMix has designed moveable and tilt-able mixing vessels, with or without a bottom discharge valve for less viscous liquids and units with a special no dead area valve for connection to peripheral equipment. Arrangements can be made for the transport of the vessel by forklift or by crane.
- Where necessary, alterations can be made in the shape of the mixing tools; a third mixing tool may be added; a homogenizer unit (with deflector) can be supplied – and other performance proven mixing elements may be supplied for special duties.
- A PerMix DISSOLVER UNIT for fine dispersion, with its own drive unit, available with or without variable speed, has proven itself a good process accelerator for dealing with special dispersions.